Windows users waiting to jailbreak their iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 5 beta 5 rejoice! Sn0wbreeze 2.8 b5 jailbreak tool for Windows has just been released to support the fifth beta of iOS 5 (build 9A5228d). You can use the latest version to build a custom firmware for iOS 5 beta 5 for your device and restore, preserving your device baseband and then unlock with ultrasn0w.
Remember, like every beta release, this one is also intended solely for developers so they can test and de-bug all the jailbreak applications, so please proceed with caution. Also, the jailbreak is currently tethered for all devices except iPhone 3GS with old bootrom which can be jailbroken untethered with Sn0wbreeze on iOS5 beta 5.
Following is the list of devices supported by Sn0wBreeze 2.8 b5:
- iPhone 3GS [Old bootrom]
- iPhone 3GS [New bootrom]
- iPhone 4 [GSM
- iPhone 4 [CDMA]
- iPad 1G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4
You can follow these steps to achieve a successful iOS 5 beta 5 jailbreak on Windows:
1. Download iOs 5 beta 5 firmwmare file from here [Direct links to .IPSW]
2. Download Sn0wbreeze 2.8 b5 from here and run it.
3. Close the credit logs to proceed and click on Browse. Now select your iOS 5 beta 5 .IPSW firmware file correspoding to your device.
4. Once .IPSW verification is completed, click the Blue arrow to proceed. You’ll be shown several modes. If you want to preserve baseband for ultrasn0w unlock support, check the corresponding option. Once done, proceed to the next step by clicking the Blue arrow.
5. Now sn0wbreeze will cool iOs 5 beta 5 custom firmware for your device. Wait till it completes.
6. Once done, turn off your iOS device and connect it to your PC using the USB cable. Then click on Start button and follow the instructions shown by sn0wbreeze to put your device into DFU mode.
7. As soon as your device enters DFU, it will begin the jailbreak process. You will see a message telling you to restore once this is completed.
8. Simply use the custom firmwmare file created earlier to restore your device with iTunes.
9. When your device restores, it will be jailbroken on iOs 5 beta 5. Have fun!
NOTE: Since this is a tethered jailbreak, you will need to use the included iBooty utility and select your device from the list to boot into jailbroken state each time you reboot your device.
If you are running a Mac, you can alternatively use Redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 5 beta 5.
Got questions? Feel free to ask us below!